New and wanting to learn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munger22391

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone Ive always wanted my own Aquarium and recently got a 55g tank. after getting all the stuff for it (filter, gravel, plants, decor) I had 3 left over feeder goldfish that my GF's turtle wouldnt eat so I put them in the 55g tank so that I could make sure the tank was cycled and safe for me to get other fish to put in. Now after having just them for about a months I have got a commen pleco, small koi fish, 2 fiddler crabs, Senegal Bichir, and 10 ghost shrimp for the bichir to eat since it doesnt seem like he is eating the bloodworms or shrimp that I put in there for him

Also I ordered a electric blue crayfish i should be getting in a week maybe 2

is this a good set up for a 55g tank? any suggestions or constructive criticism is appreciated since this is my first tank

I would say that your livestock aren't suited for your tank, goldfish are cold water fish, the kois will get way too big, the pleco will get way too big, they get to like 3 feet long when they are fully grown. The ghost shrimp are fine though and your crayfish, I have heard that they destroy live plants. They love to cut them down and move various accessories to their needs. Basically, he will rip up and move anything he wants. So I would try to relocate your fish, especially the goldfish because they are very dirty fish and they really aren't suited for tropical temperatures.

The goldfish and koi I am giving to the fish store that I ordered my crayfish from when I pick it up on Thursday. And will be giving them the pleco as soon its to big for my tank

Back
Top Bottom