new aquarium!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flipbro13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i just purchased first aquarium a month ago, a new 20 gallon tank package, complete with hood, light, water heater and filter. my buddy and i were on our way back from the bank having just deposited our tax returns, when it hit me that, being a bored college kid, maybe i should invest some of my money into an aquarium. a betta, chinese algea eater, cobalt lobster, and white tipped cat (newest friend) later, i havent been able to figure out a reason why i didnt get into this much sooner!!!!

Welcome and Hope to see pictures. We all have them but still love to see them. LOL

Welcome Flipbro13. Yeah fish keeping is awesome! I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years to come. I've been keeping fish for about 16 years now and I still get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Three pieces of advice: 1) Keep your fish happy and healthy with frequent water changes. 2) When you step up to your next tank get the largest one you can afford. Don't do it like I did! 10 gal... then 29gal.. then 55 gal... then 90 gal. A 55 gallon would be a great next step! 3) Buy your fish slowly. Nothing is more of a bummer than finding a fish you just love and not having the aquarium space to get him! Again welcome and best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom