Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

First of all there is no stupid questions

Second
Some people put there water in a bucket and condition some put the conditioner in the tank while filling it. I don't use conditioner because I have well water

Old 09-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ok lol yea I think I'm going to put it directly in the tank but should I take the fish out while doing this and just keep them in a bucket for like a half hour while the water circulates or just keep them in the tank. I just don't want to put more stress on the fish

Old 09-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg5530
Ok lol yea I think I'm going to put it directly in the tank but should I take the fish out while doing this and just keep them in a bucket for like a half hour while the water circulates or just keep them in the tank. I just don't want to put more stress on the fish
Taking them out would be more stress you'll be fine
Old 09-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ok Awesome, thanks again, we will see what it looks like tomorrow I'm test,it like every 12 hours. Patently waiting lol
Old 09-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Ok Awesome, thanks again, we will see what it looks like tomorrow I'm test,it like every 12 hours. Patently waiting lol
Lol
Old 09-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #66
Aquarium Advice Activist

Seems like your in your high nitrite phase. That is the longest phase of the nitrogen cycle. You'll constantly have Hugh nitrite. Can lay between 1-3 weeks. What I did was make sure it's never off te chart for more than a few days. I so do some big water changes. Or don't dose ammonia for a day. (won't starve other bacteria) after this phase is over you want to start gradually increasing ammonia dosage tell you can convert close to 4p pm to 0 (zero nitrite most of the time at this point) for couple days straight. After that you won't to skip a day of dosing ammonia. Do close to 100% water change to get nitrates lower than 20ppm.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Regular

Good morning all, so just tested the water and believe it or not no nitrites at all, ammonia is at between 0-.25 nitrates are between 40-80. Time to do a 75% water change?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #68
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Good morning all, so just tested the water and believe it or not no nitrites at all, ammonia is at between 0-.25 nitrates are between 40-80. Time to do a 75% water change?
Not quite yet. I would double test your nitrite. Make sure to shake the bottle. If still zero I would dose to 4ppm tonight then if both ammonia and nitrites are zero. Skip dosing that day. Bump down temp if you have it set higher. And do a water have the next day is all is 0 and nitrates are high
Old 09-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ok I dosed back to 4ppm this afternoon, I come home from work tonight and test the water. Ammonia 1ppm, nitrites 3-4ppm, nitrates 80ppm. I will update on the results tomorrow after work as well I'm not touching it tonight I will let them do their work oh and started running both filters this afternoon, bio wheel 150 is kind of loud any secrets to quiet it down at all I'm sure I'll get used to it but just curious.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Ok I dosed back to 4ppm this afternoon, I come home from work tonight and test the water. Ammonia 1ppm, nitrites 3-4ppm, nitrates 80ppm. I will update on the results tomorrow after work as well I'm not touching it tonight I will let them do their work oh and started running both filters this afternoon, bio wheel 150 is kind of loud any secrets to quiet it down at all I'm sure I'll get used to it but just curious.
How's it going? Not sure if you can quite it down I've never had a bio wheel.

Tags
aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com