New aquarium owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klavierman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the hobby. I have a 10 gallon tank with plants, a snail, 3 tetras and 4 white clouds. Oh, I also have an african dwarf frog. Last year, I had a small aquarium with just a couple of goldfish, a frog and snail. I had it for weeks. Then I decided to put a heater because the weather started to get cold. The next day, the fishes and the snail were dead, and the frog had escaped. Can anyone tell me what might have happened?

Thanks,

Klavierman, new to the hobby.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the hobby. I have a 10 gallon tank with plants, a snail, 3 tetras and 4 white clouds. Oh, I also have an african dwarf frog. Last year, I had a small aquarium with just a couple of goldfish, a frog and snail. I had it for weeks. Then I decided to put a heater because the weather started to get cold. The next day, the fishes and the snail were dead, and the frog had escaped. Can anyone tell me what might have happened?

Thanks,

Klavierman, new to the hobby.

Ill be the first to say what kind of snail ? Snails can multiply and can become a pest . Secondly gold fish need large aquariums as they produce alot of waste. There could have been an ammonia spike that killed them or you let the water get to hot and boiled them.

I hope you understand cycling and how bacteria works In a positive way in your tank now. Frogs can escape if there are gaps in your aquarium hood .

Make sure to dechlorinate your water when adding more .

I am doing a lot of research trying to understand more about the art of fishkeeping. Thanks for responding. I suspected that the heater must have heated the aquarium too much. I couldn't regulate the heat because it didn't seem to have a temp control.

Back
Top Bottom