New Arrival!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpeshulK

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! I'm very excited to have found this site and can see from the few threads that I have read thus far that I am surrounded by true enthusiasts with a wealth of information, so I want to say thank you in advance for all that I am sure to learn here.

I am somewhat new to the hobby having had a tank for about 5 years and sport 2 angelfish, one I am certain is soon to spawn (I kind of hope), 5 black neon tetras and a pleco. I have a 38 gallon fresh water tank and spend hours happily observing the sheer delicate beauty of my angels and playful character of my tetras.

My angel is the reason I found this site to begin with and will post in the appropriate thread for advise but I am very happy to be apart of this community that clearly has a passion for this wonderful hobby.

Welcome to AA!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Welcome! Hope you like it here.

By the way, do you know if neon tetras would eat the angelfish fry/eggs? My eggs and fry have been disappearing and I've blamed the danios but I'm thinking it might be the tetras too :/ Anyways, AA is awesome! You're sure to enjoy your time here :)

<g.m.t.a>

Hi and thank you very much!

Yes, I believe they will but more of a concern to me is that as my angel, as she reaches her time to lay, will defend her eggs and eat my neons. I don't want to breed as yet but don't want my angels to consume my neons. Also, my black neon looks full of eggs as well. I'm pleased that nature is taking its natural course which means, or hope, they are healthy and happy enough to reproduce but also do not want to lose any fish in the process.
If you can remove the eggs into anot her tank, should you wish to keep them, is the best course of action.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Eat the neons?! How big is the size difference between your angels and neons? My pair aren't very large. They've nipped the neons before so they're pretty scared. I don't think the angels would eat the neon tetras unless they really bothered them. Good luck!
As for an update on my fry: We moved the danios temporarily. They ate like 3/4 of the fry last night so now it's just the angels, their fry and the neons. Neons won't go close to the angels lol.

<g.m.t.a>

Eat the neons?! How big is the size difference between your angels and neons? My pair aren't very large. They've nipped the neons before so they're pretty scared. I don't think the angels would eat the neon tetras unless they really bothered them. Good luck!
As for an update on my fry: We moved the danios temporarily. They ate like 3/4 of the fry last night so now it's just the angels, their fry and the neons. Neons won't go close to the angels lol.

<g.m.t.a>

Your pair may be eating their eggs/fry as well. Angels are known to do that

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Your pair may be eating their eggs/fry as well. Angels are known to do that

Fishobsessed7

Doubt it, they've been guarding them pretty well. I've been feeding more often just to be safe :)

<g.m.t.a>

My angels aren't big enough just yet but if they lay I know they can become quite territorial.

Did you want to breed? I might in the future but not right now although both neon and angel are getting very close.

Back
Top Bottom