New betta mama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sahabo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello to all. I am new to the aquarium hobby, new to betta fish. I live in Portland, Maine and recently acquired my first fish. He is a betta splenden, royal blue veil tail, very beautfiul, named Corwin (after a fav character from the Amber series books).

Corwin resides in a 5.5 gallon glass tank, filtered, heated, hooded, and totally spoiled by me :) He completely digs Hikari betta pellets, the occasional pea, and Hikari freeze dried bloodworms as a weekly treat.

Due to my current budget, which is very pathetic given my recent unemployment status, Corwin has very few decorations besides gravel, a ceramic shell, and a few plastic plants (yes, I did the pantyhose test). I would love to eventually get him some java fern and some more hiding places, better plants, some driftwood, etc.

Corwin seems to be a pretty happy fish. I have a chair placed in front of his tank for me to sit and watch him, which I do a lot :). Whenever I sit down, he comes zooming over to show off, darts around, and gives fish kisses.

I have never owned a fish before, always furry pets. But since I can't have any of those at the moment, I opted to try a betta. I must say, I can see why people get into this hobby! Fishkeeping is very rewarding.

It's great to be on this forum and I look forward to being a part of the virtual community!

welcome to AA. This is a great place, sounds like you have taken good care of your betta thus far.

I had the prettiest betta ever but, i tried to drain his water without taking him out. And he went on a vacation down my drain

Welcome to AA! For cheap decorations and plants for your tank, check your local craigslist or with your local aquarium society. You may be able to find plants very cheaply there.

Sahabo, welcome to the site!

I had the prettiest betta ever but, i tried to drain his water without taking him out. And he went on a vacation down my drain

Sad story, hope you learned your lesson : p

Sure Did, I just gave up on Betta, they're such lonely fish I feel bad for them. =/

Back
Top Bottom