New BiOrb owner with questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!
I just purchased an 8 gal (30L) BiOrb on impulse while remodeling my office space. I thought it would be calming! I had a 20 gal aquarium years ago but have forgotten as much as I once knew.
I set up the BiOrb and let it run fishless for a few days adding the stresszyme whatever stuff that came with it - all is well so far. I have 2 pretty guppies, started with 3 but one didn't survive the initial introduction. (I think it was transit that go him) Anyway, with the BiOrb there isn't gravel in the bottom, it's an odd 'multi-media' lava rock type material. I'm ok with that, it's supposed to be part of the filtration and eco system. My question (finally!) is can I add a few pretty flat backed marbles AND I would love to add a few shells I've collected from my beach travels. The shells were soaked in bleach water back when they were picked up, I've since boiled them but am still hesitant to add them to the tank. Advise?
Thanks so much in advance for your widsom :D!

Back
Top Bottom