New but not really....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mizgo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello from Wisconsin!

I have been "lurking" here for a few weeks now and decided I should join in support of the board! There is alot of useful information on this board, but that comes from all the awesome people in this community!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post for help like this, but it is easy to put it in one post :D

I have had a 10g for the past few years and the fish are still the originals! I have 2 Black finned tetras and a small "cory"? I recently had my peco die, but it almost seems like wasn't eating anything much less the algae, was he just lazy? :? I think these guys are in need of more fish friends, surely something to help clean the tank, maybe another peco or snails? what is the best option. I would also like to get 2 or 3 more Tetra's, is this feasible or would it be overcrowding?

I have also been eyeing up a 46g tank for the past few weeks, but with summer getting closer. The money is being tied up into Landscaping and other home improvements, so that might have to wait until fall / winter.

I wouldnt put a pleco in a 10g!

Im a SW guy and thats about as much as I know!

Just wanted to say WELCOME TO AA!

Welcome to AA!!!!

I agree...the pleco can get rather large...I had one in my 55g community and had to take him to an LFS in trade becuase he got to 12" and that was just toooooooo big for me anyway. Of course this depends on the type of pleco, and I am not versed in plecos. A freshie will have to help you out there.....

The general rule for FW is 1" per gallon (that is 1" of adult fish per gallon). I would go less then that with a 10g just to be safe. Don't want to overload things.

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

rich311k said:
Welcome to AA!!!

Please post about your tank in the getting started section.

Thanks for all the quick welcomes guys!

I have moved my questions about my 10g to the freshwater getting started section.

Back
Top Bottom