New England Fish Freak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happyhillbilly

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi my name is Chris. I've been in the hobby for a few months. It all started when I went in the LFS to look around. I saw 2 Tomato Clown fish and I said "I coming back to buy them". So the next day I came to the store grabbed a 2, mabe 3 gallon tank and told the casheer I wanted 2 clown fish. "Clown Fish need a realy big saltwater tank.", she said. At that time the only experience I had with fish were tadpoles that I had a couple years ago. (I know that tadpoles aren't fish) So I looked around and I saw it. A beautiful blue and green male betta. I grabbed it along with a starter kit. I brought him home and read tons of pages about bettas online. By the end of the day, I knew almost everything about them. But one betta wasn't enough. A few days later I was at the Walmart Supercenter. I searched and searched for the aquariums and there I found it! A pretty pink female with cellophane fins. I grabbed her bowl and payed. A week later I was at my friend's house and she had a 5 gal tank. Of corse I took it when she offered. So I kept them, fed them, watched them. Then I went to Petsmart and got breeding supplies. The 3 day long experiment failed. So a couple weeks later I went to the LFS again to get a heater. I came back with 2 goaldies, a powerfilter, conditioner, gravel, an airstone, and a bill of almost $60. Well I cycled the tank and put them in. About a week later one of them got stuck under the airstone, and passed :cry: Then just three days ago I change the water to my bettas bowl and he seemed to have a seisure and, like goaldie, passed :cry: But no, thats not the end of my story, today I woke up to find my Redcap Oranda's tail caught in the tube of my filter :cry: Three deaths in one week. :( But I'll be getting more fish, breeding, and enjoying the hobby untill I pass.

Currently
Female Betta-Bowl
Comet + 2 other Goldies=5 gal w/ mini powerfilter

PS What's the deal with "Kudos"

I'm so sorry to hear about your fish! :cry:

Kudos confused me at first too. I thought since I had just a few kudos I wasn't very important or someone didn't like me or something pessimistic like my mind likes to think. But, thankfully, it was explained to me. Kudos are like points in a way. You get them for being involved, posting messages. And when you donate kudos to someone for helping you or giving good advice, those kudos are taken from you- not a "kudos bank" (like I thought). So you can give your kudos away if you feel someone else so deserves them. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom