New fish buddie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juggaloenj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I just got this tank set up about mabey 3 weeks ago it's a ten gal. I had a red tail shark a rainbow shark a twin barred platy alge eater ...well the red tail started to bully every fish and killed are little alge and we think another fish but we took him back to pet smart .. So now we got the rainbow shark a tiger barb alge eater and the twin barred platy us that avgood friendly fish tank plz let me know thanks

Okay well to start, welcome to aa, is your tank cycled, and the shark needs to go back. Your tank is way to small for him

He us just a baby and I'm not taking him back will get biger tank I payed for him so he's a keeper but plz I'm open for advise

He us just a baby and I'm not taking him back will get biger tank I payed for him so he's a keeper but plz I'm open for advise
he needs a 55 gallon tank ASAP. what species of algae eater? if you dont know,can you post pics? the tigerbarb needs a school of at least 6 and a 30 gallon tank

Okay..... I've had a shark and had to rehome him to someone with 125 gallon tank. Are you willing to upgrade by that much?

It's important to remember that fishkeeping is about the fish, it's not about you and what you want. It's about what the fish need. The shark needs a larger tank. This is where doing research PRIOR to purchasing fish really helps. You don't fall in love with something that will certainly die because you cannot keep it properly.

If you do not know about the nitrogen cycle (cycling) and how it affects your fish, please read: I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

Welcome to AA! I am assuming that you got on this forum to help learn about fishkeeping. Right? I also am new to freshwater fish, and this forum has helped me tremendously. So please, please read the articles they advise and listen to what they tell you. You won't be sorry, and you will have a wonderful experience with your new hobby.

To all replys..... I do love my fish and I am getting a bigger tank ur right should of done research but didn't but am now cuz I luv my animals and I will be outing pics up of my happy fish

What size tank do you think you'll upgrade to? You shouldn't have two sharks unless you have maybe 300 gallons. Even I don't have the room for that.... ;)

I only got one but I don't think he knows he's a shark he is starting to group with the other fish and u planing to get a 75 gallon start up set for like169 at pet smart

What size tank do you think you'll upgrade to? You shouldn't have two sharks unless you have maybe 300 gallons. Even I don't have the room for that.... ;)
from what ive read,you only need like a 125(assuming they are rainbow or redatil) with lots of hiding spots

Having had a shark and rehoming it to someone with 125 gallons, I simply would not advise multiple sharks of this kind, although I do believe that bala sharks do well with their own. Why fight nature? It's not our place.

I only got one but I don't think he knows he's a shark he is starting to group with the other fish and u planing to get a 75 gallon start up set for like169 at pet smart

I do apologize. I misread your initial post and thought you still had two.

Back
Top Bottom