New Fish Mummy With Sick Goldfish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hunnybunny1973

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys let me tell you a bit about myself and my fishies.

I am from the UK and have loved Black Moor Goldfish ever since I was a child. I have waited years and years to get one and have now finally got one and a Calico Fantail in a temporary tank. I have only had them for one week. After a couple of days noticed the Black Moor was very shy and stayed inside the big barrel I have in the tank for them to hide. I wasn't sure if it was due to him just settling into his new surroundings or if he was sick. But I left him alone. Unfortunately 7 days after getting the fish I noticed white dots had appeared on both fish and yes its Ich. I rushed back to the aquatic store I got them from and got the treatment for them. They are due the second dose tomorrow (wednesday). Yesterday I didn't think the Black Moor would make it because he was bottom sitting all day and night and the fantail was hiding in the barrel which was not like him. He's usually very active. So when I checked on them this morning I was half expecting at least one of them to be floating on the surface, but both fish were swimming around and foraging for food on the gravel. I was so surprised and very pleased. Hopefully the next treatment will work.

My question is how long does it take for the white spots to disappear on the fish?

I'm hoping to add a Panda Moor and a Pearlscale to their tank but not until I know this nasty parasite had been sorted out.

Poor Apollo and Cosmic �� sorry for the long thread lol xXx

Just follow the directions on the Ick medication. It might take up to 10 days. Be sure to research "How to do a (Fish - In) tank cycle".
Hope your GF heal up soon.

Just follow the directions on the Ick medication. It might take up to 10 days. Be sure to research "How to do a (Fish - In) tank cycle".
Hope your GF heal up soon.
Thank you so much. They've only got a couple of spots on them now. Second water change today so fingers crossed. They're feeling better today �� xXx

I know the ICH is still in the aquarium. I've done the second dose of treatment last night and will do another in seven days just to be sure. Meanwhile I'm setting up a bugger aquarium for them to move to and will get them their forever one when I can afford one. I want my fishies to be happy and healthy xXx

Back
Top Bottom