New Found Fish Love !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you ! If I knew how to post pictures I would my gouramis are both beautiful and fun to watch :) I also recently bought a few honey sunset gouramis any they are just as great plus they're a nice bright community fish !

To upload pics just click on go advanced then there will be a manage attachment button and then that will let you upload from your computer

I can understand your thought process. I found a great store too (same owner since the 60's), tons of plants, fish and accessories, even if they were a bit pricey. They were on my goto list of LFS right up until I was told not to bother keeping my GSP in BW, because they're just fine in FW. Now they don't get one red cent of my aquatic spending.

Mr. Limpet said:
I can understand your thought process. I found a great store too (same owner since the 60's), tons of plants, fish and accessories, even if they were a bit pricey. They were on my goto list of LFS right up until I was told not to bother keeping my GSP in BW, because they're just fine in FW. Now they don't get one red cent of my aquatic spending.

It seems that a lot of places are all to happy to tell you whatever will sell you something. I stopped and read the sign on the gsp's at walmart. "May nip fins, good tank mates with danios and gouramis. Prefer 1 tbsp of salt for every 5 gallons of water."

Can fish live in varying water conditions? Yes. Some of them can. Not all. Is its what's best for them? No. Just like a chinchilla wouldn't live long roaming free in your back yard, and certain dogs need room to run. Every animal has needs that need to be met for them to be healthy.

Not to be mean, but IMO if you aren't willing to provide your animals with the closest thing to a natural habitat, you probably shouldn't have them.

Rscomia said:
To upload pics just click on go advanced then there will be a manage attachment button and then that will let you upload from your computer

Ok thanks I'll try to upload some tomorrow !

It's fine everyone has a right to their own opinion . Its not going to affect my emotions if you don't agree with me , I'm an open minded individual , no need to get catty :)

you have got to remember though that almost all of the fish in the lfs have been breeded and have never been in the wild, they are ment to be pets. you should try to take care of them as best you can but half of the fish are bred to look that way and do not exist in the wild.

I have kept my 3 year old 6 inch and 4 inch kissing gouramis with a male betta all there life.. They just swim past each other, not bothering even if they both go for the same food at the same time they don't fight, maybe I'm just lucky..

Back
Top Bottom