New from Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Womble

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm john from Colac Vic Australia came across this app while trying to fund advice for my turtle I have a Murray short kneck turtle named stig he is great and is a true member of the family so muc so I have told the mrs if we divorce I get custody we have a 120l turtle pro tank and at moment have a bit of a algae problem hence why I was searching for help

welcome to AA from WA their arnt tht many ozzys on here but great advice

Womble said:
Hi I'm john from Colac Vic Australia came across this app while trying to fund advice for my turtle I have a Murray short kneck turtle named stig he is great and is a true member of the family so muc so I have told the mrs if we divorce I get custody we have a 120l turtle pro tank and at moment have a bit of a algae problem hence why I was searching for help

Hi from UK :) welcome to a great site,ive not been joined long but glad i found this site.
My daughter has a turtle,he is a musk turtle and he is called Myrtle,he is lovely so if i can help,yes my daughter has Algae in her tank but she cleans it often,its a normal thing to have in tanks if they are healthy but not sure how to get rid of algae permanetly,as i say she cleans it off when she thinks it needs it.
He even has algae on his shell and she uses a baby soft toothbrush to clean it holding him by his sides,cos we read it should be cleaned off as it may mask any shell problems should they arise,sorry not much help on alage problem,they do have a topic on aquatic turtles in list if you have a look on there :)

tropicalfishlady said:
Hi from UK :) welcome to a great site,ive not been joined long but glad i found this site.
My daughter has a turtle,he is a musk turtle and he is called Myrtle,he is lovely so if i can help,yes my daughter has Algae in her tank but she cleans it often,its a normal thing to have in tanks if they are healthy but not sure how to get rid of algae permanetly,as i say she cleans it off when she thinks it needs it.
He even has algae on his shell and she uses a baby soft toothbrush to clean it holding him by his sides,cos we read it should be cleaned off as it may mask any shell problems should they arise,sorry not much help on alage problem,they do have a topic on aquatic turtles in list if you have a look on there :)

Its under freshwater,its calles ponds,amphibians and aquatic reptiles,you might find help on there :) good luck !!!

Back
Top Bottom