New from MA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daner

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all!

Your forum has been very helpful while I tried to figure out how I wanted to get started, and I can't wait to bounce ideas off everyone and see what everyone else is up to as well!

While living with my parents I had my tank set up as a saltwater and was a great hobby for my dad and I. Now that I have a house of my own again I go the tank out and cleaned it up and am starting it out as a freshwater this time.

Tank specs:
29g
Penguin Power Filter 200
Marineland OEM Heater
Marineland LED (w/ moonlight) hood & Lightbar
Various shades of blue gravel, with brighter fake plants and decorations at the moment.

Currently trying to brainstorm ideas for fish to stock. Like the idea of the tropical community fish. Like having fish at the bottom, middle and top levels. Like the idea of mixing in other tank critters (snails, shrimp, frogs).

Currently in the first couple days of fishless cycling my tank. Baseline levels of my water are Temp 82F, pH 7.4, Ammonia/NitrItes/NitrAtes 0 prior to addition of Ammonia (from ACE Hardware).

Looking forward to being a member of this community! Tips, tricks and advice appreciated!

Haven't bought any yet. There's a Petsmart in Braintree with a lot of stock but I'm wary of the big chains when it comes to fish.

There are two stores I am looking to check out for stock though, one in Canton and one in Quincy. Heard anything about either of those?

I go to Ned's in millis! It's 40 min away but it's the best! Hands down..

Back
Top Bottom