New From Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdcon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, just joined this site. What a great group of freindly folks w/ a lot of knowledge. Had a 30 gal freshwater 12 yrs. ago and loved it. Due to work was not able to keep it up properly. Has been a goal to set up a 100 gal. tank. Now that I'm semi-retired this goal is fresh in my mind. So much has changed w/ Aquiriums from what things were then. Looks like this site is a great place to start my education. :thanks: kdcon

Welcome to AA. Where abouts in Maine are you at? I grew up in North Yarmouth, many moons ago.

Welcome to AA! Is this new 100 Gallon going to be saltwater, freshwater/planted, or a cichlid tank?

Live in Alfred, south of there. Thanks for the welcome. Doing research for a quality filter that is not attached to the tank for a 100 gal. freshwater. Would this be what is called a " cannister filter " ?? kdcon

Welcome to AA! Is this new 100 Gallon going to be saltwater, freshwater/planted, or a cichlid tank?

Going to be a freshwater/planted. Thanks for the welcome. Starting from scratch. Looking for a filter 1st. that will not be attached ( as in hanging from the tank ). The fewer items attached to the tank the better as it will have viewing of 360 deg and 2 cats that love to screw w/ any objects they can get their paws on. :lol: kdcon

Back
Top Bottom