new from Ohio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi,
Just found this site and decided to join. I'm currently running a 75g fw tank with a wet/dry filter I just got to replace the HOB and the fluval canister. I've got questions about the new filter that I'll post as soon as I get some pic's

Hi,
I'm up in Willoughby, right by the lake. Doing research now to find some good easy to grow plants that don't require a lot of light. Is there anything I can find locally in streams or the lake?

Not sure, you might want to make sure you dont need a licence or anything.. I'm not sure how pickey they are up at lake erie. Unfortunatly I dont know too much about freshwater plants.. good luck, nice to have you here :)

Welcome to AA Rocks. You may want to post your question in the Freshwater planted forum here. There are a few members who have native tanks that might be able to lend some advice on using native plants.

Sorry about the whole Ohio thing... never understood having a nut in a sweater as a mascot. But I will forgive you.

Go Blue!

*lol* you have to be nuts to live with all the snow by the Lake.

I might have a lead on some moss, if things work out well in the next week or so would be wiling to split some of that with you too.

hehe. I doubt Willoughby has any aquarium-specific laws in place, as long as you're not dumping snakeheads or zebra mussels into the lake. Welcome to AA.

I'm thinking that, at most, you might find some local creek mosses which would do well in an unheated tank; but if you want to mix local plants with tropical fish, not sure. What else will be in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom