New from Okatie SC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyguysc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tomorrow is the day that I pick up my new 90 gal. tank and stand. I have been waiting for three weeks, so I have acquired as many supplies that I can think of to start the cycling process. I'm going with live sand , RO/DI water mixed with salt. I have a wet dry eshopp's filter & 120 eshopp's skimmer with a Danner Mag. 950 return pump. One of my concerns is leveling the unit. It will be placed on carpet so I was thinking that a piece of 5/8 plywood should be placed between the carpet and stand. I'm going to do a fishless cycle. I have read so much material the last couple of weeks that my brain is on overload. One thing that I have learned is that there is always ten different methods to achieve something in this hobby and I hope that I have landed in the right place to learn the proper way to do this set up. Seems like most cycling advice is fresh water set ups. Forgive me I'm new. Look forward to conversing with all and thanks for being here.

Welcome to AA! :) That's great that you're going to do a fishless cycle. DEFINITELY the way to go. (y)People here will be glad to help you. :)

Edit: Forgot to ask--do you have an API test kit? You'll need this to monitor your cycling and also to help keep your fish healthy once you acquire them. :)

Thanks Greta and yes I do have a API test kit? Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom