New from Oregon :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

independentcowgirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there,
Well, after lots of research, soul searching and believe it or not my husbands full support, I've decided to try my hand at a SW reef tank. I've wanted one for a very long time but have not been in a position to get one until now. I've been researching on line for weeks (I work graveyard so have lots of time to kill on the computer) and looking for a good deal on a used system. Finally my deal came along. I got a 150g tank with stand & hood, sump w/pump, protein skimmer, 2 maxi-jet 900 powerheads and other misc. stuff for $400. I just recently ordered my lights, additional powerheads, sand, live rock, etc. all of which should be here any day now. I have gallbladder surgery next Wed. with the required 5-10 days off work and so hope to get my system going then and get my tank cycling. I'm pretty sure that I've set things up correctly. My husband has three 55g freshwater tanks so he's a lot of help but I do have some questions regarding the sump and protein skimmer set-up that I will post later. Anyway, glad to be a part of this group and looking forward to chatting with all of you :) Toni

Hi, You got a fantastic deal on the aquarium/equipment. Take your time deciding the sump/skimmer issues as there are so many ways to consider it and don't be afraid to change your mind half way through if you feel you need to. Hope the surgery goes well. Welcome to the salty side of the tracks.

Back
Top Bottom