New from Sacramento

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Togliat

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey there. I am thinking about getting back into aquariums after a 10+ year hiatus. I ran a few small aquariums, the largest was a 55 gallon. They were full of community fish at first, then I moved over to Oscars and Jack Dempsey's and Fire Mouths, etc. I am planning on buying a larger tank this time, 65-155 gallons, but sticking with freshwater -maybe discus/angelfish and a few algae eaters/plecostomi, etc.

Things have changed quite a bit in the past ten+ years. Getting back up to speed is almost overwhelming...

Thanks for the warm welcome! This forum is a godsend. And the iPad app is amazing! This forum is exactly what I need to get back into the hobby and get up to speed on all the new filters and strategies. I am planning on setting up a freshwater tank in the 75-155 gallon range. It needs to be 60" wide or less to fit into my alcove, away from direct sunlight.

Does anyone know a good place to buy tanks? I am visiting my local fish stores but am also interested in exploring on-line options. I have been looking at both for the last few weeks and still have not been blown away by options and pricing. Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom