New girl here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillyshortee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I'm new here. I'm 27 years old and currently own a 5 gallon tank housing one Betta. I know a lot is going around about that being too small but my room can't really hold any bigger. My Betta has been around a few years and I'm thinking she's near the end. So I'm browsing the internet and coming here to find suggestions of other fish I can hold in my 5 gallon tank. One day I will upgrade to bigger but it won't be for a long time. Thanks guys. Can't wait to hear from you all!

A lot of the new tanks are getting taller, I liked my aquamode 600 it was cheap, it was a semi circle bow fronted tank so it didn't take up much room and it was pretty, I think it was around 65 litres which I think is around 10 gal

I would purchase a fish that's going to out grow your tank so you have to upgrade lol

Definitely do not do this. When buying new fish, buy what your current tank can handle for adult size. Don't buy for the future because I see it alot and those upgrades don't come like planned. Research is key to this hobby. Welcome to AA!

Haha no I wasn't planning on doing that. I'm trying to research what I can fit in my 5 gallon. I'm thinking shrimp but someone mentioned another kind of fish I've never heard of so I've got some research to do.

Back
Top Bottom