New guy :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anaxis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there everyone. I'm 27/m/tn usa. I do pest control as a profession and I have 2 freshwater tanks. 20 gal with a happy and very interactive betta (20 was a community tank previously). I also have a 60 gal with 3 mollies, 5 platys (3 are fry about the size of neon tetras), 4 neon tetras, 4 fancy guppies, 3 khuli loaches, 2 albino corys, 2 glofish, 5 ghost shrimp, 3 glass cats, and 3 red claw crabs.

welcometoaa.gif

I am a bit wondering, because I read that we can add fish after 24 hours, in another place I read after 1 week, but I don't remember putting my fish before 3 weeks in my tanks back a few years ago. So I was going to wait until I read something that tells me to wait less or more but would have waited for a week, and bring a little of my water to the shop to test before buying any fish.

Welcome to AA, Sounds like a nice set up there :D If you have any questions feel free to post a thread under whatever category it regards, youll get all your answers in no time :D

Welcome to AA Anaxis. please don't even consider introducing fish to your tank after just 24 hours or even a week, if you do they will probably all die or will certainly suffer damage. if you're not familiar with fishless cycling here is a little bedtime reading for you.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/fishless-cycling-for-dummies-103339.html

if you have any questions you want answered, post them in the appropriate thread and you will get your answer PDQ. there are a lot of nice guys and gals on here who are very experienced fishkeepers and are happy to help. enjoy the forum.

Pete

Great Article Pete - Learned a lot thanks!

Thanks for sharing the article on fishless cycling - learned a lot and Ive been looking for a how-to for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom