Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-14-2011, 05:21 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've never seen, nor heard of a blue/yellow. Lol. I'm more into the black, white, or bronzes personally. I've lucked into all mine at my local petsmart. We don't have a LFS anywhere within 30 miles so I just check my petsmart every Tuesday (shipment day) to see what they have got in. Lately all they have had are dragon scaled plakats and I'm very non partial to them. Plakats are very bland IMO. And the dragon scales look like the are just mutants, and not in a good way. Lol

Old 08-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

welcome to AA your bettas that are in the 1 gallons should each get a five all to them selves. the mini crab,assuming it is a fiddler crab(what my petsmart used to call mini crabs),needs brackish water and land access

Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

He has lots of air access via pertruding high driftwood. And I don't think I could make that tank brackish just because of my betta. I know the guppies can tolerate semi saline water.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPXnoob View Post
He has lots of air access via pertruding high driftwood. And I don't think I could make that tank brackish just because of my betta. I know the guppies can tolerate semi saline water.
it should be more like a beach for him,you really should either get him his own tank(with a couple friends if possible) and make it brackish
Old 08-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Random idea. I could get a floating platform and fix it between 2 pieces of DW and turn the tank brackish. Any advice on brackish selection? I've never done anything other than FW fish.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com