New Guy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KonvictKeeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi! My name is Jack, I've loved fish my whole life. Just started with aquariums though.
I set up a 20 gal long in my bedroom yesterday. Getting the supplies from my grandfather today (he has owned about 15 tanks and is an aquarium expert and retired high school biology teacher). I'm not going to get into natural plants, too much work. Anyway I will set it up today and buy my fish (male and female convicts!) on tues. I'll take any advice. Thanks! PS I DO plan on breeding the fish.

Jack

Hello! And welcome aboard! Have you read up on cycling? I'm guessing you've heard about it because of your grandfather:D. Good Luck!

Welcome to AA!

First things first, you know about the nitrogen cycle and cycling the tank and all that stuff?

AquaKai said:
Hello! And welcome aboard! Have you read up on cycling? I'm guessing you've heard about it because of your grandfather:D. Good Luck!

Darn, I seem to be slow on the send button this morning :)

I love the fish choice myself. I've never had any, but the look real good. You planning on breeding?

Well then, yes it would take longer than a day. Let me go find that thread with the cycling... give me a min. It took me about 2-3 weeks to do it, but it can take almost a month. If you could I'd get some media from your grandfather! Then you could put fish right in!

Well then, yes it would take longer than a day. Let me go find that thread with the cycling... give me a min. It took me about 2-3 weeks to do it, but it can take almost a month. If you could I'd get some media from your grandfather! Then you could put fish right in!

Well... I have old media in my filter but i just washed it out. Also, my sponge filter has a fairly old sponge on it (grandpa gave it to me).

Back
Top Bottom