new guy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all, just stumbled upon this forum. I recently got a 55 gallon freshwater tank. My only problem is I have no idea what type of fish to get... I've had all kinds but want lots of color without goin with guppies but don't really want to be stuck with just cichlids... thanks all!

Thanks! I can't wait till learn more about which fish are colorful and not so mean... I like cichlids but man, I don't wanna be commited to cichlids.

Hey all, just stumbled upon this forum. I recently got a 55 gallon freshwater tank. My only problem is I have no idea what type of fish to get... I've had all kinds but want lots of color without goin with guppies but don't really want to be stuck with just cichlids... thanks all!

:welcome: to AA!

Try cyprinidae fish like Barbs ... There's many species and you'll get plenty of color variants ... the ones in my signature below are some options.

Good luck and enjoy!

Hi Travis and welcome to AA. You'll love this forum and find lots of ideas and great advice here. Have fun with your new hobby.:welcome:

I've added some pics of the progress on my tank!

Light
img_1564240_0_8f8e58af2da7ce100e6dbc76ddbf239b.jpg

Tank
img_1564240_1_496e86b610eaaa46e296e3d48ddf8b4c.jpg

Together
img_1564240_2_6f60e5216624111d5db9ed227f9719fd.jpg

And now with paint and fish!!!
img_1564240_3_a8c6d01d83029a926ce8675a8e7f6972.jpg

Welcome Travis.

Just one note on attachments. Before you establish a reputation (of not being a spammer), all attachments has to be approved by a mod. Therefore, if you don't see anything right after a post with pics or links, just be patient & we will get to it...

Welcome Travis.

Just one note on attachments. Before you establish a reputation (of not being a spammer), all attachments has to be approved by a mod. Therefore, if you don't see anything right after a post with pics or links, just be patient & we will get to it...

Thanks. I belong to another forum for my car and didn't think of a new rep on a different forum. Lol thank you!

you do any mechanical work?
i was on a car forum for Ford called corral

Hello, I now became a member of this community here and I would love to be a part of it. Just enjoy the environment here.

Back
Top Bottom