New guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewFishDude

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. Just got my set-up 3 weeks ago and have really no idea what I'm doing. But with life moving by and kids,job,wife I needed something to help me unwind... fish seemed like the perfect thing to just sit and watch. I've always loved fish and had a set-up at 18 but I was too young to understand the responsability and needs of the finned friend. Now at 33 I'm trying again... and I need help.

Welcome to the forum. Do you have any specific questions? What is your setup? Have you cycled the tank?

Hey Spoon,

I am cycling a 25 gallon tall with a filter I grabbed from the LG's and am finally seeing some Ammo show up in the test... yes I'm using the API master kit. The Ammo is at 0.25ppm but no nitrates present yet. I'm using a penguin 350 filter minus the carbon inserts. I spent an hour and a half reading through the newbie mistake threads lol. Im running a 200w aqua top heater with an led light setup. It's lightly planted and I'm slowly adding more plants and am looking for the right piece of driftwood and rocks.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and advice I've gotten. It's nice to have a place like this to turn to for answers... My Lfs looks at me like I'm wasting their time so I just stopped asking them questions.

Hi,

I am also new. I currently have two bettas. One is in a 2.5 gal and the other is going to get a 5 gal but right now he is in a gal bowl. I have a snail in with my Betta in the 2.5 gal. I am wondering why kinds of plants to put in because all of my past plants have died. Also once I get a 5 gal can I put in any other fish with my Betta such as a bottom feeder?

Welcome to Aquarium Advice, where experienced aquarists meet newbies!

If you have any specific questions, post a thread on it, we would be glad to help you out!

Back
Top Bottom