New Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoubleA

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone!

Hailing from Northern Colorado here. Not really sure what you all would want to know about me... I enjoy catch and release fishing (and the occasional meal catch). Longboarding, and spending countless hours fawning over my 3 aquariums:

- 46 Gal. Bow-Front
13 Cichlids (I recently adopted these lovable hybrids from craigslist, pretty sure they are demasoni and demasoni/electric yellow offspring)
2 Plastic Plants haha!
70 lbs. (approx.) of oddly blue colored but still good looking lace rock
2 Marineland Penguin Bio-wheel 150 filters set at different intake heights
Some Ghost Shrimp hiding out in there somewhere....

- 29 Gal.
6 Scissortail Rasbora
1 Rubberlip/Bulldog Pleco
8 Ghost Shrimp
1 (Regular?) Pleco
1 Rainbow Shark
Live Plants:
Green Cabomba
Amazon Swords
Mondo Grass

- 10 Gal.
6 Tiger Barbs
Awesome blue river rock I hunted rock by rock at the local river.
Some other plant I have no clue what it is.

I'm fairly newish to fish-keeping,, I had a small tank as a teen. These tanks are my first endeavors since then. I adore my wet pets as much as any dog or cat owner loves their pet! Speaking of I also have 2 cats and 1 dog, and a hamster.

Near future plans would be to add more rock and Color variety of fish into my Cichlid tank. Also I want to add quite a bit more live plants to my 29 Gal. setup. Any hints or advice would be greatly appreciated. If I could get some decent pictures of my Cichlids to help identify them for purposes of compatibility of future fish purchases would be a major help! So feel free to ask any questions.

Anywhoo, nice to be here, I've already learned a lot just browsing so far. Expect to see me stick around ;)

welcome to AA! I also have a 46g bowfront but its a community tank. My I suggest an api master test kit if you haven't already got one.

Good call on the test kit, my lady just got one for me 2 days ago as an early birthday present. Today being the dreadful day bleh bleh. 29 years young now :D

Thanks! Off to the LFS now to see if I can find some nice driftwood, spirulina flake, frozen treats, and maybe a couple Electric Yellows for my Cichlid tank, wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom