New guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone I've been reading these forums a lot an have learned tons. My name is gabe and currently my setup is a 10 gallon with aqua tech 5-15 hob stock hood. 2 cherry barbs 2 tetra 1 pepper Cory 1 guppy 1 ram. It has been running for roughly 2 months. I unknowingly did a fish in cycle and surprisingly only lost 1 fish.

Hi, I'm new too. I wish I didn't really have any problems! How did you do it?

Edit: it has been running for 3 months and is a planted tank. I also have a converted 3 gallon brita water purifier with a female betta tetra whisper filter and a heater also has a plant.

I wish I could tell you but I'm not sure. I feed minimally do 25 percent water changes and keep the algae at bay. I have no heater and have yet to test the water. My fish all look healthy and very active and my water is crystal clear no smells. I'm pretty lucky for how I started. Btw my lfs also sold me the run it for 1 hour then add fish and your done dream lol.

Phish said:
I wish I could tell you but I'm not sure. I feed minimally do 25 percent water changes and keep the algae at bay. I have no heater and have yet to test the water. My fish all look healthy and very active and my water is crystal clear no smells. I'm pretty lucky for how I started. Btw my lfs also sold me the run it for 1 hour then add fish and your done dream lol.

My friend had a tank like this for years. No light small filter no media. Never changed water just filled it up when it evaporated had it up for 7years main fish was a koi. Then one day all the fish died.

I have a filter and lights..my water temp stays at 78 and I have had one fish die my first week. I would imagine the tank is cycled being its 3 months old. I don't like to over complicate things. Not saying I don't do things correctly but in a freshwater fishes natural habitat I'm sure they endure a lot more than someone only doing 25 instead of 50 percent water changes lol. When I see a problem I have the knowledge to fix it. But so far no sickness 1 death in my first week and up until last month had no knowledge of fish care other than what the local "professional" told me. I brought home a tiger barb a cichlid and a brand new in box tank.... So I think I've definitely come a ways. A lot of due to this forum. Im soon gunna start digging for a pond but will likely not keep koi as they need a lot of space and space isn't plentiful here. I would like to upgrade to LEDs and set up a moonlight if anybody wants to give me some pointers on that. I'm sure I will need a heater as the incan lights are doing that part in my tank now.

Back
Top Bottom