Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy muddin 78 View Post
Oh yea deff don't want to risk losing fish and walls floor ect.

It doesn't look like much but there is a bulge
It does appear to be flexing a bit..A brace wouldn't help that though..it would just be supporting it in case it flexed more, but that doesn't mean anything since it's the glass on the outside, not the top. The brace that you're talking about is probably for the glass cover to support that. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Old 05-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockX View Post

I work for a restoration company (water, fire, mold, etc) and I can atest to this for sure lol.
Ya fish life's are not worth thousands in damage in just a 21 year old but I can only imagine what that would cost ! I'm terrified my tank could blow up in my apartment !

Old 05-26-2013, 03:56 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

I find it weird the back looks straight and the front i bowing .. If you you where trying to brace it and hold the top back I think all that would do is warp it more in the middle creating like a a more spherical bulge that's concentrated on a center point causing it to bust .
Old 05-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickriley2010 View Post

Ya fish life's are not worth thousands in damage in just a 21 year old but I can only imagine what that would cost ! I'm terrified my tank could blow up in my apartment !
And I don't believe a fish tank is covered in your insurance (would have to check your policy). Some fish tank companies have plans in place..
Old 05-26-2013, 04:00 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

And I don't believe a fish tank is covered in your insurance (would have to check your policy). Some fish tank companies have plans in place..
Ya most insurance doesn't even have flood so I doubt they would cover an man made flood ! Haha
Old 05-26-2013, 04:01 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Also I don't even have renters insurance :/
Old 05-26-2013, 04:01 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:

It does appear to be flexing a bit..A brace wouldn't help that though..it would just be supporting it in case it flexed more, but that doesn't mean anything since it's the glass on the outside, not the top. The brace that you're talking about is probably for the glass cover to support that. (correct me if I'm wrong)
So this is normal should I worry? And not sure it was just bare tank when I got it no top or filter system I just have a temp cage cover now
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I find it weird the back looks straight and the front i bowing .. If you you where trying to brace it and hold the top back I think all that would do is warp it more in the middle creating like a a more spherical bulge that's concentrated on a center point causing it to bust .
Yeah..Idk..I thought it was weird too. Hm..is there a manufacturers sticker on it too? Or a code you could look up to see if it is a legit fish tank? If it is..then I wouldn't worry. It would scare me to know he never had it fully filled and used it like that and then sold it to you, especially since fish ones are easily 2X the price.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:05 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy muddin 78 View Post

So this is normal should I worry? And not sure it was just bare tank when I got it no top or filter system I just have a temp cage cover now
Could you contact the seller and ask for the name of the tank? Like.. "Top Fin 55" or if it is like"Repto 55" or something..then you might be in trouble. I would maybe drain some of the water out until you figure it out for sure.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:05 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3989405087.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	176047

You may can see the back bulge a little here

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com