New guy, Great site!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oddness87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello ladies and gentle-fish,

I stumbled upon this site while researching fish-less cycling on my first tank a month ago and it was so darn full of information I bookmarked it. I planned on joining once my tank was up and running so I'd have something to show off and discuss, but, I ran into a snag. So, out of necessity, I have joined today!! Yay!

I've always wanted fish but never had the space. Since I moved into a larger apartment, I know have the space to properly display a tank.

This is gonna be GREAT!!(If you can't tell, I'm excited):D

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! I would have to agree, lots of friendly people willing to talk here! :)

Welcome, glad you found us!

Kudos to you for doing research BEFORE you bought the fish. (y)

Welcome, glad you found us!

Kudos to you for doing research BEFORE you bought the fish. (y)

Thanks! I'm glad I did once I read through some of the horror stories and bad experiences others have had for me to learn from.

welcome to AA,whats the snag?

I'm having a hard time starting the cycle process, the ammonia was originally above 8ppm for a week and a half and I read this may slow or stall the process. I then completed a 50% water change and brought it down to 4ppm and its been at 4ppm for almost 3 weeks now with all other parameters being OK and NitrItes and NitrAtes sitting at zero.

In another thread of mine, I was advised of some activated filter media through a website that I will be trying out to see if this can kick start my process.

Welcome. Patience is the key to your cycle. Try asking your LFS for some used media to jump start.

Back
Top Bottom