New guy here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnF

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Someone gave me their 75 gallon tank with fish. All those fish since died, only a week after I got them. The Pet shop owner said probably from the shock of moving. He told me how to clean it up and start new incase there was any diseases or parasites in the tank.
The guy at the fish store gave me some gravel and old sponges to cycle the newly cleansed tank. It is running and ready to go. The water tests have been right on point for the last 3 weeks.
A lady in the store told me about this forum to get advise about fish. I don't know what I should get. I have looked at fish at the pet store and really like the ones with the longest fins and the ones with the brightest colors. I am not one to want fish that is commonly in everyone else's tank. I have always wanted to be unique. So, I want to find fish that are rarely seen in this hobby that would do well in a community setting.
Thank you.

Hi! One fish I can suggest that has long flowing fins and I haven't seen commonly in aquariums is the Long finned Albino Bristlenose Pleco. It's not 'colorful' but it is still quite beautiful and will grow up to 4". It will start out white but eventually turns a light, yellowish-green color.

Hopefully others will make suggestions for you. Welcome to the group!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom