new guy here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cartersean30

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey yall my name is sean. I've been in this hobby for about two years now. Im not going to sit here and tell you I know everything cause the fact is I dont. Im always open to criticism and questions.
I currently have a 56 gallon column freshwater aquarium. I have a tiger oscar with fake driftwood. Also in there is some amazon sword dome tall grass and several other plants I cant remember their names. Its a cheap set-up that works really well. Here soon I will be setting up a new aquarium, a second 55 gallon planted aquarium in my bedroom, still trying to figure out what I want in there and how I want it.
Anyways like I said always open to criticism and questions so feel free at anytime to say something.

Hello Sean, welcome to AA!

Oscars prefer a tank that is long, not tall, what are the dimensions he is in right now?
Welcome to AA!

Yea, I would put the Oscar in your bedroom, in the normal 50 gallon tank, and stock this one with other types of fish

Hey yall my name is sean. I've been in this hobby for about two years now. Im not going to sit here and tell you I know everything cause the fact is I dont. Im always open to criticism and questions.
I currently have a 56 gallon column freshwater aquarium. I have a tiger oscar with fake driftwood. Also in there is some amazon sword dome tall grass and several other plants I cant remember their names. Its a cheap set-up that works really well. Here soon I will be setting up a new aquarium, a second 55 gallon planted aquarium in my bedroom, still trying to figure out what I want in there and how I want it.
Anyways like I said always open to criticism and questions so feel free at anytime to say something.

Oscars can get stunted in a 50 gallon long because they do not have enough space to turn around in

He seems happy in his tank. I dont think I will move him. Hes been in there. Since I got him two years ago when he was like 2"

Well regardless I will be doing a 55 normal in my room. It will be planted and stocked with fish, what I dont know yet but im getting there.

Back
Top Bottom