Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
new guy here.

Hey yall my name is sean. I've been in this hobby for about two years now. Im not going to sit here and tell you I know everything cause the fact is I dont. Im always open to criticism and questions.
I currently have a 56 gallon column freshwater aquarium. I have a tiger oscar with fake driftwood. Also in there is some amazon sword dome tall grass and several other plants I cant remember their names. Its a cheap set-up that works really well. Here soon I will be setting up a new aquarium, a second 55 gallon planted aquarium in my bedroom, still trying to figure out what I want in there and how I want it.
Anyways like I said always open to criticism and questions so feel free at anytime to say something.
__________________

__________________
cartersean30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Hello Sean, welcome to AA!

Oscars prefer a tank that is long, not tall, what are the dimensions he is in right now?
Welcome to AA!
__________________

__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
30"w x 18"d x 24 3/4"h
__________________
cartersean30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Yea, I would put the Oscar in your bedroom, in the normal 50 gallon tank, and stock this one with other types of fish
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersean30 View Post
Hey yall my name is sean. I've been in this hobby for about two years now. Im not going to sit here and tell you I know everything cause the fact is I dont. Im always open to criticism and questions.
I currently have a 56 gallon column freshwater aquarium. I have a tiger oscar with fake driftwood. Also in there is some amazon sword dome tall grass and several other plants I cant remember their names. Its a cheap set-up that works really well. Here soon I will be setting up a new aquarium, a second 55 gallon planted aquarium in my bedroom, still trying to figure out what I want in there and how I want it.
Anyways like I said always open to criticism and questions so feel free at anytime to say something.
Oscars can get stunted in a 50 gallon long because they do not have enough space to turn around in
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
He seems happy in his tank. I dont think I will move him. Hes been in there. Since I got him two years ago when he was like 2"
__________________
cartersean30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post

Oscars can get stunted in a 50 gallon long because they do not have enough space to turn around in
Well, yea a 50 gallon normal, not a 50 long
__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post

Well, yea a 50 gallon normal, not a 50 long
A long is a normal what is it 10w 40l 10h?
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish loach boy View Post

Well, yea a 50 gallon normal, not a 50 long
Theres 2 types a long and a tall or a custom like a hexagon or full moon stuff like that
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Goldfish loach boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,167
Mine is 48" length by 12" width by 18" tall
__________________

__________________
Goldfish loach boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.