New guy in NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshMdy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im relatively new to the aquarium hobby, just got my first tank up and running. I found a 125 gallon on craigslist for $170 w/stand and couldnt pass it up so here I am. Im doing a South American kind of thing and right now I have 5 angels, 1 common pleco, 1 emporer pleco, and 6 columbian tetras. Im wanting to work my way into discus but Im gonna take it slow and make sure Im ready. Heres a crappy cell phone pic for now:

imag0081o.jpg

By joshmdy at 2011-06-24
imag0083rr.jpg

By joshmdy at 2011-06-24
imag0089i.jpg

By joshmdy at 2011-06-24

Coolio!

I don' know if this information is exactly accurate, I got it from a book about discus. But in this book it says that it's not recommended to keep angels with discus because angels produce some sort of bacteria that discus are not tolerant of. If you wanted to keep them together tue best thing to do is to quarantine the angels. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know if this book was right.

Coolio!

I don' know if this information is exactly accurate, I got it from a book about discus. But in this book it says that it's not recommended to keep angels with discus because angels produce some sort of bacteria that discus are not tolerant of. If you wanted to keep them together tue best thing to do is to quarantine the angels. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know if this book was right.

Well, thats news to me. The guy at my local fish store which is supposed to be the best in the state and even comes out to peoples houses to maintain large aquariums told me I could keep them together, and they even had some together. But then again, he could have been just trying to make a sale.

Real nice tank, a great deal too. Welcome to AA. I am from Edgecombe County NC originally.

Back
Top Bottom