New guy in northern ill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefnoob84

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone I'm new to the marine aquarium world. My name is Carl and I currently have a 46 gallon bowfront with an Eheim Ecco model 2236 a coralifd super skimmer. I have the eheim pre filter base with sponge and a eheim surface extractor. I currently have approx. 48 lbs of live rock about 35 lbs live sand and 2 cinnomon clowns (nemo and bozo wife named them). I have which I hope isn't too under powered a aqueon t5 dual lamp with 39w 50/50 actinic and a 10,000k reef sun bulbs. I also have 2 500 gph circulation pumps in the back corners blowing into the backs of the rock with a zoo med 220 auto turn pump on top. I will take pics in the morning and post. Now I know I will probably get some bad responses on this but I was assured to have no problem with keeping these 2 fish and if it all died he'd replace so why not? My tank has been cycling for just over 50 hrs. I used 15 gals seeded 30 reg ro. My test have been dead perfect salinity at 1.023 ph at 8.2 0 ammonia <.25 nitrites 78.2-78.8 F calcium 400ppm carbonate 12*dKH and phosphate at <.25. So things are going well so far staying patient!! Well that's my introduction and it's nice to meet you all. Carl

here are a couple pics from 2 days ago i added 16 more pounds of rock and his mate from the lfs yesturday

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom