New guy looking for Black Ruby barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all!
I'm currently in Long Island NY, right by the Queens border and I've enjoyed following the benefits of the great information and advice you all provide.
I have a 2month old 75 gal with 4x Tiger Barbs, 4x Albino Barbs, 4x Green Barbs, 1 Gold and 1 Blue Gourami and 1 Red-Tail Shark. Happy to report everyone is healthy and getting along.

I'm hoping someone could advise on the following,

1. I'm looking to add 2 Black Ruby barbs, would they just shoal with the other barbs? I've read they a bit more peaceful than the other barbs. The tank has live plants and ornaments with caves.

2. Anyone know of a place in Queens or Nassau county that carries them? I've checked with my LFS's.. but no luck :(... which include a Petsmart and 2 Petco's. I'm checking one other place tomorrow .... any input would be appreciated.

The fish gods answered my prayers ... Actually ... my wife suggested a store I visited about a month ago (can't believe I forgot about that place) a few miles away that have BRB's! ... so she deserves the credit.

Needless to say ... three BRB's are now part of our underwater family ... minus the Gold Gourami. :-( Had to go back to the LFS ... It was sad letting him go .. but had to be done, in the past 3 days, he went from aggressive to overtly hostile towards the Blue Gourami.

Blue one is now happily swimming in the middle .. top instead of hiding behind plants and driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom