Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I had two females in one tank and they were aggressive to each other

Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I actually did 3 males 2 dwarf and a powder blue... At first it looked bad but I organized the tank to have 3 individual hiding spots they can claim and dropped the tank temp from like 78 or 79 to 76 ( I heard if you keep the tank a little cooler they'll chill out) Now they seem to be getting along. I'm going to fill it quite a bit more with plants and hiding spots, and I'm trying to figure out a schooling type fish, something unique and bright. I know Neon Tetra's do well in larger amounts, but I see em all the time... Something bright like that tho.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Welcome to the forum. I would choose some form of tetra because there energetic and are colourful
Old 04-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

What about killifish? They have tons of very cool varieties and they are generally pretty peaceful. Problem is that most don't live very long, maybe a year to 18 months max for most of them...but that'd be pretty good since you were thinking of switching to SW and using this as a sump eventually anyways.
You could also look into guppies or Endlers. They are small so you could have a pretty good amount and they are very colorful with long flowing fins, but they reproduce faster than rabbits so you'd want somewhere for the fry to go if the parents don't end up eating them all.
Neon or cardinal tetras are my favorite. Those with some German blue rams would look great, with maybe some kuhli loaches for the bottom...

There really are a ton of great choices!
Look online, see what you like best, then come back and ask if they'd work together. There are tons of experienced people here to help you in deciding!

Welcome!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:19 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Endlers seem awesome, a bit more unique to my area, and are a REALLY good looking fish. If I get a bunch in my 29 gallon should I go 2 or 3 females to each male? Or can I just go for the colorful man fest? Thank you so much for all of your greetings and advice, it's very helpful.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1mb0 View Post
Endlers seem awesome, a bit more unique to my area, and are a REALLY good looking fish. If I get a bunch in my 29 gallon should I go 2 or 3 females to each male? Or can I just go for the colorful man fest? Thank you so much for all of your greetings and advice, it's very helpful.

There wouldn't be any issue with all males. You pretty much do whatever ration you would like. It's recommended to do 1 male to 2 females, but I keep mine in pairs, and most are sold as pairs rather than trios, I haven't noticed much of an issue, lots of chasing, but the females don't get stressed or anything by them.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Pretty sure I bought 3 fish with ich... What do I doo?!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Search ich in the fourms, you will prob find over 100 threds talking about ich. Three methods can be used which all involes raising temp. Simply raise the temp between 82-86 some people have raises it to 90. Then pwc every day with siphon hose. Another is with aquarium.salt, and third is meds. Do your research and pick what is best for you and your fish
Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'd start a new thread in the "unhealthy" fish section. Read the "before posting" sticky and follow the instructions. You will get help there.

Tags
freshwater, questions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com