New Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobb12

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all. I just got into this hobby i bought a 10 gal. tank just to start off with. I had no idea it was going to be this expensive or complicated. I just thought you buy a tank put some water in and throw in a fish.
:confused:Not even close:confused:
Anyway i bought a male and female betta and just put them in the tank together. I did atleast know to put dechlorinator in it. He chased her around for awhile and almost killed her. So i did some research and found out how much more complicated this hobby is. I have quite a few questions and was wandering if i should ask themin this thread or if i should go to a different part of the forums.Im happy to be here,and thakns in advance

Colton

Asking in the FW forums might get you more responses, but I'm sure there will be plenty folks along soon with some comments and advice for you.

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to AA! While I do recommend posting in the general discussion forum, I will comment that you can't keep a male and female betta together. When it is time to breed them there is a process that has to be followed. Male bettas will attack their own kind male or female.

Hey thanks for the replies!

Welcome to AA! While I do recommend posting in the general discussion forum, I will comment that you can't keep a male and female betta together. When it is time to breed them there is a process that has to be followed. Male bettas will attack their own kind male or female.

Ya I found that out the hard way, thats what you get for not doing any research before hand :-? but dont worry right after i put her in and checked online i realized that they couldn't be together and moved her into her own bowl untilhes ready to breed. which do you have any idea how long it usually takes before he is ready or is there a certain time of the year?

Back
Top Bottom