New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL nah I didn't say that at all... I came to have questions answered, not to be told how to operate my tank, have to tell you all the specifics of my tank, down to the hardware type, or expected to change what I do with my tank because your way is the only way. I'm a student with a tight budget, so I cant afford special tests when my close friend who runs the lfs will do them for free for me. or have some special refractometer to test the levels. Unlike you, I get by using math, chemistry and my brain. In the 2 months since I got this tank running, I've spent all of the money I budgeted for it, plus a few hundred dollars on credit cards that I shouldn't have. As I save up money, I'll be picking up all these little things, but for now, I'll use my free tests and my brain to make everything work.... Thanks for telling me that I have been doing it all wrong by making do with what I have.

And I'm not a ****ing idiot. I know salt doesn't evaporate with the water. Obviously I'm adding freshwater.

U can get a refractometer for like 8 bucks lol these guys r just trying to help they have helped me a lot and think u should stay in the forum bc u will have more questions later. And I'm in a small town to and am lucky to have a ma and pa owned LFS but a lot of them have the kind of LFS that just want to sell u something. I know sometimes it sucks to hear what ya don't want to hear but sometimes it does help and they just want to know exactly everything u have so they can help u more. But this is the best hobby in the world lol and u want to have fun doing it. Good luck though this is a great forum and a great hobby have fun!!

I apologize for my tone and my remarks. If you re-read my posts all i was trying to do was help. I do not think and have never implied that you were an idiot but you never did mention that you were topping off with freshwater. I did not think a lack of funds was an issue with you since you said you paid over $300 for your light system. I figured you could spend the neccessay $30 for a test kit which is crucial to this hobby.

I was just trying to help by asking you all the questions. In this hobby there are many problems that arise and they are usually based on the water parameters. Understanding your water quality can help us give advice. I hope you continue to use this site and ask others for advice. I will let others answer your questions so that i am discouraging you away from the hobby and future involvement on this site.

The reason he/she is asking so many questions is only for your benefit. In order to assess your problems and try to provide a reasonable solution, we need to know as much about your tank and as much background info on it as possible. Without that, there's a chance that the wrong advice could be given which could either not help the problem or even cause a bigger problem.

Back
Top Bottom