New here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swilly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone! I love my 20 gallon community tank. It's finally really doing well, after some BAD advice. It has so much life to it. Here's my personalities:

Pearl Gourami : My first love. I have wanted a pearl for years - they have always been one of my favorites. Now that I finally got my tank I started with him. ( and 4 glass catfish, 4 rumi nose, and a banjo catfish which disappeared...really.) He has always been calm - swimming all four corners of my tank. With the arrival of my 2 kribs he's taken to a brighter color and is just a bit aggressive towards the dominant krib. : (

2 Kribensis : The newest addition. They are very tiny still. One has very bright colors and is much more dominant - always chasing the other one. The smaller one is a little less colorful and is much more docile. The only issue is the gourami has taken to chasing the dominant one when he sees it.

2 Glass Catfish : started with 4 on some bad advice when starting my tank. The remaining 2 have taken residence under my floating plants. The bigger one is very territorial and chases passer-bys. Not very effectively tho. The smaller one just chills.

1 Rummy Nose Tetra : Again some bad advice on starting my tank. The last one of a school of 4. He swims very well with my rasbora now and seems content. Face is always bright red.

6 Harlequin Rasbora : These little guys have to be one of the best additions to my tank. I would suggest them to anyone looking for a schooling fish. They are tiny bright and very active. I just love them!

1 grey frog: I love my frog. He takes worms from my finger when he is sitting up in the floating plants. He also just takes the best poses. No one bothers him at all either.

7 gallon
I had a snail that ended up in my tank when the puffer was too small for him. He ended up just constantly moving and I fell in love with him too. My boyfriend got me a blue apple snail. Along with a tiny tan and black striped (like tire tracks) snail - they all reside in my quarentene tank with the ghost shrimp that are for the puffer. The Kribs were picking on them too much.

10 gallon
WAY too small for a puffer I know. Cheep-cheep is a green spotted puffer and he is my boyfriends fish. On VERY BAD ADVICE we put him and another puffer in a 10 gallon. Unfortunately the other puffer did not make it. I worked my but off for 2 weeks getting Cheep-cheep back to health. He stayed in the 7 gallon alone and I made daily water changes as we super cycled the 10 gallon with pure ammonia and a saturated filter from another tank. ( I can give you the results to this...it did work.) The filter is very large in this tank and super cycles it since the puffer makes so much ammonia. We already have a 28 gallon bow front tank for him. I just don't have the place to put it in my small one bedroom apt. But for now the 10 gallon in cycled and I do water levels every day and twice weekly 50% water changes. He is healthy and swimming. (btw he is VERY tiny...the gave us two VERY young puffers...with a whole load of bad advice that we brought back to them).

Those are my tanks. I spend hours of my day just watching them.

: )

Welcome to the site! I just thought you should know that if it truly is a green spotted puffer, it's tank will slowly needed to be turned brackish as the fish grows/ages and if I'm not mistaken will eventually have to be full saltwater, but I'm not totally sure. I'm sure someone who knows more about them might come by later to correct me if I'm wrong lol.

Puffer tank

It is a green spotted puffer. We just got him healthy again since he needed treated for parasites. We are going to start getting the salt level to brackish now that the tank levels are good and he's healthier. We already have a 28 bow front for him to transfer to soon. Eventually he will have to be full marine. Now that we screwed up so royally for the poor little guy (due to horrible advice) we really are doing a lot of homework on him. It's been a lot of work with monitoring levels daily for pH crashes, but he is def worth it. I'll keep everyone posted!

Back
Top Bottom