New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sputney88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! I had a tropical 10 gal aquarium when I was younger but now I'm switching to just goldfish. My boyfriend won a goldfish for me at a carnival over a year ago and he's still alive and well but also growing...which is why I decided to get him a 10 gal and add some more goldfish friends. Im setting up the tank today so hopefully next week i'll have some pics. I'm very new to the idea of a goldfish community so i'm glad I found this place full of helpful people:)

Hiya Sputney, welcome to AA. glad to hear you are upgrading to a bigger tank, I don't know much about goldfish, but I'd guess a 10 gallon will only hold a couple of small goldies, and it will need regular maintenance: vacuum the substrate and do regular partial water changes. I'm sure a more experienced coldwater member will be along soon to give you more accurate advice about you fish and tank. Good Luck!!

Pete

Thank you so much! I'm much more familiar with keeping tropical fish so this whole coldwater thing is pretty new to me. I do know that goldfish need a lot more room. Is 3 too many for a 10 gal?

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom