New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollywood11892

Aquarium Advice Activist
So just like to introduce myself and I'm new o keeping fish me an my girl friend just got a 10 gallon tank for now with a green spotted puffer so thought I'd introduce myself

Well wen we got to the store we asked and they told us it's fresh but with the research iv done sense then iv readthe brackish so I'm doing that this weekend so no worries

gradually increase the salt a little at a time in day long periods between each add until you get the level they need (you'll need a measuring device for the salt)

Marine salt, I believe. Generally in the reef/marine sections of most stores. I believe instant ocean is the more popular one, but maybe someone else will chime in on specifics. :)

Im the New Guy!!!!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Ive never actually set up a tank and what not, but I'm really interested in this, and desperately need a hobby. Looking forward to actually getting something set up and going!!

welcome to AA! when you do get a tank make sure to look up fishless cycling! we can help you stock and answer all questions! good aquariums to start are 5 gallons-betta and shrimp, 10 gallons-small fish dwarf gouramis, 20 gallon-more schooling fish corys etc, and 30 gallons-larger fish gourami and dwarf cichlids!

ive read the forum thing here on the fishless cycling, and intend to do all that when i get the time and money. I just, honestly, have the slightest clue on how to start. I have a ten gallon tank with nothing else, just an empty tank, no lights, filters, etc. Ive been to some aquarium stores and what not, I just would like to know whats the best way to start so that i get something going and dont actually kill anything.

well you'll need substrate i recommend pool filter sand, but it's up to you. you also need a filter aquaclear is the best but any will work aquatech 10-20, tetra 10-20. then a heater (i use a tetra heater that keeps my water around 75 says it's supposed to heat it to 78). you need a thermometer, then pure ammonia from ace hardware. you can get a hood from walmart and use some fluorescent bulbs from walmart (what i did). then you can decorate. in all you'll probably need about 100 dollars or more

thats just for setup? what about decor? whats that usually go for? im not complaining about price, i understand a hobby takes money...just wondered thats all....

Scooby, you hijacked the thread... Make your own introduction thread. :) I'll give you a call later and run down some of the stuff you're gonna need.

Back
Top Bottom