New Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_Melissa_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I have a 75g african cichlid tank with mostly peacocks and a few haps and a 29g with a few mbunas. Had the 29g up for 9 months and the 75g up for about 5 months. Both have done incredibly well and not had any problems thus far.

I really joined this site to research about saltwater aquariums in hopes to put up a 40g breeder with saltwater to try something different than the cichlids. I'm from the St. Louis area and we have quite a few lfs' and seem to get a lot of conflicting information so I'm hoping some online research points me in the right direction. :fish2:

From what I have read on here, there seems to be some great information and discussions going on and I'm really excited to start planning a new tank.

Welcome aboard! I just joined last week and can't get over the amount of info these gold people have. I am learning something every day. Their iPad app rocks, and I hear their Android app does too.

I spent a few months in St Louis consulting at a hospital there (St. Anthony's). The arch was amazing and I liked your zoo too.

Good luck!

Here a few from my phone, I'm using the android app which is pretty awesome. The 2nd two pictures are our lemon jake and insignis and an albino red shoulder (at least that's what our lfs sold him as but he doest have the coloring behind his gills like they said he would)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110914_204410.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110914_204410.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20110914_204441.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110914_204441.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 67
  • ForumRunner_20110914_204553.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110914_204553.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 73
Welcome to AA! And wow that tank is well wow!!! It looks great and the fish look amazing!

Welcome aboard, Melissa. Nice tank! I am waiting to buy and establish my first tank in ten years and learning a good deal in the process on these forums. I am sure you'll learn a great deal too.

Thanks everyone! I had so much success with the cichlids, they were breeding within 3 weeks of the tank being set up. We kept the first round of babies to see how they look, I'm fairly sure they're hybrids. A few are starting to show very slight color I'm pretty excited to see them keep growing.

Welcome! Im from Louisville so we're practically neighbors(kinda). Love the setup! I've found this forum to be very informative and the people are glad to help. Every question I've ever asked has been answered fairly quickly, usually by several people. Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom