New here :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rad89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!
I came across this forum when I was going through the apple app store. For about 3 years I've had and maintained a small 10 gallon live bearer tank with platies and I absolutely love them! I recently purchased a 60 gallon tall tank and stand that had gone on clearance at the local pet store and so have upgraded the scale of my favorite hobby! The tank has been cycling for about a month now and my platies seam to love their new home. I've also added black and silver mollies and a small school of neon tetras. I've been trying to decide on a type of algae eater. In my smaller tank I'd kept a pair of corydoras for a long time but they moved into a friends tank last time I moved when changing colleges. So back to corys or something new? I'm also having trouble with an under gravel filter and debating getting rid of it all together. I've been having fun reading posts on here do far and look forward to meeting fellow hobbyists and learning new things.
-Rad

image-1758195311.jpg

Here is a picture of my tank right after set up, I've changed and moved a few things around since then.

Welcome to AA! Congrats on the upgrade! :)

redsea said:
Welcome to AA! Do you have any close-ups of your Platies?

No not at the moment and I'm currently out of town for the holidays ( my roommate is taking care of my tank ) but I'll happily take pictures of them when I get home.

Welcome! I'm not sure but I think Cories aren't exactly algae eaters, but they do clean up food on the bottom. Otos are supposedly good ones though. Bristlenose plecos too. I've heard a lot of bad things about Chinese algae eaters.
Good luck!

Welcome to AA I found forum my looking at app store too! Nice tank would like to see close-ups too :D

Welcome, I was aware of the android app but didn't know there was a iPhone one as well. Makes sense tho! The tips and tricks you will learn here will make this hobby fun.

Back
Top Bottom