New here :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcurtissdsu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello :flowers:

I just got a new goldfish and a mystery snail yesterday. I have a 29 gallon tank that housed an angelfish for a little over 3 years but he recently passed (RIP, One Fin Floyd :angel: ). Throughout that time I also tried to keep guppies and platys but I was very unsuccessful. After Floyd passed, I was ready to give up fish keeping as I recently adopted a dog and wasn't sure if I wanted to continue with fish. But I just couldn't take the tank down. After thinking for a couple of weeks, I decided to just try a goldfish this time. I put him in his new home yesterday, he doesn't have a name yet. I hope he sticks around for many years.

Looking forward to reading more posts here.

Thanks,

Michelle

Welcome to AA Michelle glad you found us here :) what type of goldfish? Some will outgrow your 29. They have one of the largest bioloads for fish so they tend to need a larger tank then most fish their size.

It's a calico fancy tail goldfish. I tried to do a lot of research before I picked a fish. Everything I read said that for goldfish, the general rule is 20 gallons for one goldfish plus 10 gallons per each additional fish. I do not intend to add any other fish to the tank. I guess if he outgrows the tank, I'll have to give him away because I certainly don't have room for a larger tank.

Back
Top Bottom