New here and LOTS of questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyKindaFlower

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:blink:Hello All,

I'm fairly new to keeping fish and want to keep my little finny guys as healthy/happy as possible. I'll be doing a lot of reading and will probably be asking a lot of questions.

I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of conflicting advice on various websites so I'm hoping folks here can help me sift through and pick out the stuff that I need to know.

My tanks are pretty basic - the largest is 37 gallons and the the other three are under 10 gallons. They're all freshwater tanks with pretty standard equipment.

Oh, and I'll probably be doing a lot of questioning about various products - how the heck do you choose between all of the stuff that's available? I also have some questions about what I really need to add to the water - again, having some trouble deciding which vitamin or if vitamins are even needed, which conditioner, and on and on. Got some filtration questions too... yeah, LOTS of questions.

So, just wanted to give everyone a head's up and apologize in advance for being a pesty newbie. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome !
Ask away, everyone here had to start from scratch & if we can help you avoid some of the mistakes we made, then it ll have been worth it. Best of luck & hope you end up with happy & healthy tanks :).

Welcome to AA! :)

Check out the articles section for some good starting info. Articles - Aquarium Advice

I will say that I believe in the less is more approach and find most of the products sold for aquariums to be unnecessary or at the least way over prescribed.

Where would be the best place to start asking questions? Should I do that on this thread, on a new thread under maybe Freshwater Getting Started, or somewhere else? Thanks!

You will get more views (and responses) if you create a new thread in the applicable area (i.e. FW- getting started, hardware, etc.). If you want to ask it here for ease, I can create a new thread for your posted question.

Back
Top Bottom