New Here and Raising Guppies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kotick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I got a new tank about 3 months ago and decided to turn it into a freshwater tank. I haven't had a freshwater tank going since I was a kid. I have more experience with salt water tanks but I'm rusty when it comes to caring for fish.

I've got guppies (2 males and 3 females), neon tetras (3 males and 1 female) and one gold fish in a 20 gallon tank. My guess is that the gold fish shouldn't be in there, but I don't have the money for another tank for him and I can't leave Taco in that little plastic tank I won him in at the carnival. He's been in there since I got the tank and only grew in size and leaves the other fish alone. My guppies have had their fry and I set some free back into the tank recently. They are about 3 months old (had to wait longer cause Taco is pretty big and I didn't want them to fit in his mouth). He's named Taco cause we pigged out on tacos right after the carnival.

I came to this forum because I encountered a problem with my fish and I'm looking for input. So far this seems to be the best site that I've checked out and seems to have the most members. If you're willing to help me, check out my next thread as I post it soon in the proper forums once I find it, unless someone else posted the same problem recently and I don't have to.

:wave:

EDIT: I actually don't need to post another thread cause I finally got a better look at my fish (he's been hiding) and I do believe that I've got fin rot (frayed fins, white on the end). I couldn't see the white before. Time to make a trip to the store.

Back
Top Bottom