new here and ...to bigger tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mamie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there I looked for you guys because the biggest fish tank I've had is a 30 gallon...I'm now venturing to a 55 gallon. What would you guys say is the best filter for that kind of tank? Also in my 30 I only have 1 9" gold fish he eats everyone in site. I want to go with live bearrers should I A keep gold fish in the 30 and put everyone else in the 55 or B put gold fish alone in the 55 and everyone in the 30??? by everyone I'm meaning guppies, platties stuff like that
I've always been partial to aqua clear filters this tank I'm purchasing used, for 100$ I can get a filter called a fluvial in tank filter for an extra 50$ (actually that 50 also includes 2 heaters ...but I already have 2 heaters)...

I think you could keep the Goldfish in the 30g and leave the 55g open to the livebearers. That's the way I'd do it atleast. :D I've never used Fluval filters, but I've heard good things about them. In-tank filters aren't always great though. Not sure about the Fluval brands specifically. I might just save the money and buy an Aquaclear or 2...especially since you already have heaters.

i actually have fluval filters and they are pretty good and if i was you ill get a canister filter and that way you can hide it under your tank, also you can add more filter media for example bio balls or ceramic rings the sponge looking thing, carbon and other things, and ill leave the goldfish there by himself in the 30 gal,but if you wanna teach him a lesson put him with some african cichlids like the snow white or yellow lab (just kidding)that will be bad and cruel

Back
Top Bottom