New here and to owning fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apeck3088

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi the name is Amber,
Just bought fish from Walmart not that long ago. I will never be going there for fish again. He did not tell me any of the right info about the fish I bought. 1 rain bow shark and 1 Bala shark. Now I'm struggling to find a bigger tank for my Bala don't have much money and cannot afford a couple hundred dollar tank that it needs. So I may end up returning it if I can or finding it a new home. Well that's my problem as of now. Thank you in advance for any advice. Greatly appreciated. I thought that they would tell me what I needed when buying thaw fish. They said what I had was perfect!

Bala sharks get huge and don't do well alone, they prefer a school and require a large tank like a 6 foot 125 gallon or better would be good for them. Do you know about cycling your tank? If not please research and read up on the cycle.

A lot of places just act like they care or know what there doing after you buy the fish they don't care I find lots of research on the web helps of find some one in your city that runs there own fish store

Thanks everyone for the advice. I googled the fish I bought the day after. That's when I learned I needed a minimum of 125 gal for my Bala shark and that they are schooling fish. And that I can't have the

Sorry accidentally pushed send. I can't have my rainbow shark with other species of sharks. I found a local fish/ music store in my area and it has good reviews. I'll be checking that out soon. And im currently in the process of getting the right tank. I found one used for cheap just need to figure out how to get it to my house. Next time I will pick out my fish but research everything about them before I buy them! I did research about cycling my tank. I need to buy test kits my fish seen to be doing really well as of now. So I will be getting what I need this weekend. Thanks again for everything! :)

Back
Top Bottom