NEW HERE building a large tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Kid

Aquarium Advice Regular
HELLO! this is my first post here at aquarium advice and i look forward to becoming part of your (seemingly) already great community. i hope that me not having fish at the moment and being new to the site will not give the impression that i am new to the hobby or inexperienced. a am in fact very knolegible in the area of fish. i do however have many empty tanks as i just moved and had to get rid of my fish i do plan on filling them soon though! Sadly i have no fish at the moment... but i am working on a rather large project, making a 8x4 FOOT! tank. this tank however will not be an aquarium but a paludarium! ~part land part water~ it will consist of an oak waterfall, an small pool that goes down to another waterfall, a bit of rapids, and then finally the main pool that will have about 50 gal in it... what inspired me to do this you might ask? well on a wonderful walk along the bank of a small stream here in Ohio i noticed the wonderfully diverse population among the rapids and pools of the stream, along with the intricate root systems that many of the pool-fish lived among. i was immediately hooked and went out to buy every book on Ohio streams and the fish i could find. I was very suprised to see that unlike popular belief that the cold-water fish here are boring and dull that they are very colorful and vibrant and that there are many types of these fish. i will be working on this project for a wile and may have many questions to ask but i will to be sure to keep you all posted on anything that i do to it.

WELCOME TO AA!!!

Please do not cycle with live animals.

That sounds like a really cool project!

i know not to cycle with animals! i personaly beleave its very crule to cycle with fish be feeders or not. at least when they're fed to another fish they're serving a purpose! sorry... thanks for all the positive comments and i will be sure to update these as the project goes along!

Wow, that sounds great! I'm glad to hear someone else is interested in something I am. I have been trying to get info on such a project but I'm not making any head way. I'd be really interested in any info you or anyone else has. Good luck!

vintage rose said:
Wow, that sounds great! I'm glad to hear someone else is interested in something I am. I have been trying to get info on such a project but I'm not making any head way. I'd be really interested in any info you or anyone else has. Good luck!
We have some great Articles http://www.aquariumadvice.com/article_cat.php?fldAuto=2 to help you get started....click on the bold letters....

Back
Top Bottom