New here, input much appreciated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gilbertgal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
so, I'm traditionally a fish gal, (as the name would imply), plants have always filled a supporting role in my tanks. That said, I am an ardent fan of Dutch tanks, and have recently (2 months in) begun the process of establishing a dedicated 30 g tank to my favorite spp. of flora. My reason for joining the forum (finally) is that I'm on a mission. I'm always on the hunt for ways to improve my husbandry practices and I'm confident I can get some sound input from all of you.
<So this question has nothing to do with my "Dutch">but here goes... I'm setting up a FW sump and want to incorporate a sizable refugeum. Here's my question for you: I'm looking for a nitrogen sink; a low-tech, medium/low-light lover, fast grower, algae busting, indestructible behemoth that will help ween me from my obsessive habit of testing nitrates. Java moss, hornwort, Najas, Ceratophyllum demersum, water sprite are but a few candidates I've considered. Please feel free to weigh in, thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom